It may take Smart Vents and Sensor Pucks five minutes or more to be discovered by a Gateway Puck, so give it some time.
Gateway is not connected to WiFi
To discover devices, the Gateway Puck must be connected to WiFi and have a strong WiFi signal.
If the Gateway Puck is not showing a connected WiFi icon, reestablish the WiFi connection.
First, remove existing credentials:
- Push the Puck, rotate to the Settings menu and push to select
- Rotate to "Forget WiFi", push to select, confirm if asked
- Wait for the Puck to restart
Next, reconnect to WiFi:
- In the App, you may need to tap "Done with Setup?" in order to see the PLUS sign
- Tap the PLUS sign and select "Add New Gateway Puck"
- Then follow the Gateway setup to connect to your home WiFi
Enter Setup mode in the Flair app to discover devices: tap the orange PLUS sign and select "Add New Smart Vent" or "Add new Sensor Puck".
Devices are too far from a Gateway Puck
All Flair Smart Vents and Sensor Pucks need to communicate with a Gateway Puck using RF (radio frequency) signals.
Make sure Smart Vents and Sensor Pucks are close to the Gateway Puck. If you've placed them around the home, move them near the Gateway Puck.
Smart Vent Batteries
When batteries are inserted into a Smart Vent the louvers will move and the light bar will come on. If the louvers don't move or the light bar doesn't come on, try tightening the battery holders or using fresh batteries.
Note: Wait 30 seconds before replacing batteries to allow capacitors to drain and the Smart Vent to reset.
Sensor Puck or Gateway Puck is Unresponsive
Is the Sensor Puck or Gateway Puck responsive to button presses and rotations? If not, try the Unresponsive Puck troubleshooting, then retry device discovery.
Reset the Sensor Puck
- Power cycle the Puck. Remove batteries or unplug for 30 seconds, then reinsert batteries or plug in the Puck.
- Go into the Puck's Settings menu and do an "Unlink Gateway" and wait for Puck to restart.
- Enter Setup Mode: tap the orange PLUS sign and select "Add new Sensor Puck".
Refresh Flair App
Try closing and reopening the app or, if you're using the webapp for Setup, try refreshing your browser. Enter Setup mode in the Flair app to discover devices: tap the orange PLUS sign and select "Add New Smart Vent" or "Add new Sensor Puck".