Check IR Blasters
Flair Puck sends infrared signals to the mini split, Window AC or portable, just like the remote control.
If you imagine the Puck as a clock, IR signals are sent out from 2:00 and 10:00, as well as straight out from the Puck face at "noon".
Make sure fingers are free from IR blasters when testing.
Locate IR Receiver
Ensure Puck is pointed at IR receiver on the mini split, and stand about 5-10' away, pointing the IR blasters from the Puck toward the IR receiver.
Test All Models
During Flair Setup, if no models are found for your device brand/model, Setup will direct you to enter "IR Setup" on the Puck to find a similar model that will work. You'll go through each model, pressing the Puck to see if the mini split beeps. If the mini split beeps, go back to the Flair Setup and use that model number.
- When prompted by Setup, enter IR Setup on the Puck
- Rotate to "Model 1" and push to select
- If the mini split beeps, continue Flair Setup using that model
- If it doesn't beep, rotate to the next model and repeat until a model is found
For mini splits, it's recommended to place the Puck on the opposite wall, or on the adjacent wall within 15' of the receiver, having line of sight to the IR receiver. This will ensure that your IR Setup issue is not related to range, alignment, or a blocked transmitter. The IR blasters have a maximum range of about 15'.
No Model Found
After trying all these steps, if you still can't find a model that works, please contact Support and include the following in your request:
- The brand and model number of the remote control
- Attach clear pictures of the front and back of the remote control. If the model number is not on the back of the remote control, the model number may be in the battery case. If so, also send a picture of the back of the remote control with the battery case opened and the batteries removed.
Most manufacturers reuse remote control models and we'll help you find a similar model. If not, we may ask to borrow your remote to upload the codes on your behalf. It takes a day or two once we get the remote and we'll pay for shipping in the US and Canada!