It may take Smart Vents five minutes or more to be discovered by a Gateway Puck, so give it some time.
There are a few reasons why a Smart Vent is not discovered. The two most common reasons are:
- Distance from a Gateway Puck
- Battery issue
A Smart Vent needs to communicate with a Gateway Puck to be discovered. Try moving Smart Vents closer to a Gateway Puck.
Also, make sure the Gateway Puckis connected to WiFi and has a strong signal.
If the Gateway Puck is not showing a connected WiFi icon, reestablish the WiFi connection.
First, remove existing credentials:
- Press the Puck, rotate to the Gear Icon and press to select
- Rotate to "Forget WiFi" and press to select
- Wait for the Puck to restart
Next, reconnect to WiFi:
- In the App, you may need to tap "Done with Setup?" in order to see the PLUS sign
- Tap the PLUS sign and select "Add New Gateway Puck"
- Then follow the Gateway setup to connect to your home WiFi
Then put the system into Setup mode again by tapping the PLUS sign and selecting "Add New Smart Vent".
When batteries are inserted into a Smart Vent the louvers will move and the light bar will come on (it will turn off after a bit to save power). If the louvers don't move or the light bar doesn't come on, try tightening the battery holders or using fresh batteries.
Note: Wait 30 seconds before replacing batteries to allow capacitors to drain and the Smart Vent to reset.
Refresh Flair App
If the Smart Vent Light Bar is on and the Smart Vent is not discovered, try closing and reopening the app or refreshing your browser. You'll need to reenter Setup by tapping the PLUS sign and selecting "Add New Smart Vent".