This article will help you set up your Flair system with a regular thermostat or an unsupported smart thermostat such as a Honeywell Total Connect Comfort, Emerson Sensi, or Carrier Infinity (among many, many others). In this mode, your Smart Vents will open and close depending on the set point temperature in your rooms. Flair will not talk to your thermostat to adjust your thermostat set point or turn your system on/off.
In this article:
- Starting with a new installation
- If you have already created a home
- Use the correct system settings
- Use the correct mode settings
If you're setting up your Flair system for the first time:
- Click Create a Home in the App.
- Then, name your home.
- Finally, select Thermostat under system type. Then, select Other Thermostat.
- Follow the steps shown in the Flair Welcome Guide on how to set up your Gateway Puck.
If you have already set up your Flair system and created a home:
- Click the Plus button and then click Add new Thermostat
- Click Add a new Thermostat
- Click Other Thermostat
- Add your Thermostat to a room
- Select your system capabilities. If your thermostat controls both your Air Conditioning and Heating, select both. If not, select the correct capability.
- Select the total number of vents (Flair Smart Vents AND regular vents) controlled by this thermostat
- Click into the Menu and select System Settings
- Set the system to Auto
- Set the Set Point Controller as Flair App
- Set the Set Point Mode to All Rooms
- Set the Home/Away Mode to App Geolocation
- Set your preferred Set Point Temperature for your home.
From the home screen, select whether your thermostat is heating or cooling by selecting Heat or Cool. Flair does not currently support Heat/Cool mode when using a regular thermostat or an unsupported smart thermostat. You must manually select the correct mode for proper operation.