This article will answer some common troubleshooting questions with the Flair skill in Amazon Alexa. Looking for how to set up the Flair skill with Alexa? Check out our Alexa setup article .
In this article:
- I am not able to link my account
- Alexa shows Discovery Failed
- Alexa is not finding my room
- How do I switch Alexa between Fahrenheit and Celsius?
- I updated the room names in Flair, but Alexa is still showing the old names
Make sure your Flair account has a primary home with at least one room.
- Log into your Flair account
- Go to Settings → Home Settings → Manage Home
- Select "Make Primary Home."
- You should also see at least one room tile on the home screen in your Flair app:
You may see this error message if Alexa tries to discover your devices and displays a "Discovery Failed" error after a few seconds. Please see Amazon’s troubleshooting guide at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201751350. You must have an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, etc, for discovery to function properly.
If Alexa takes the full 20 seconds and still doesn’t find your rooms, please see the section below on "Alexa is not finding my room."
- Make sure you tap on the room during the initial setup process.
- If you did not tap on the room during the initial setup process, go to your Alexa App, then go to Settings → Smart Home.
- Check to see that your rooms no longer say "Tap to control and edit." If they do, tap that room to control it.
- Take a moment to review the name of the room, so you will know how to identify it with your Alexa.
- In the Alexa app, go to Settings → This Device → Temperature Units
- Select either metric (Celsius) or imperial (Fahrenheit).
- Disable the skill in the Alexa App by going to Settings→ Skills→ All Skills.
- Locate the Flair skill and disable the it.
- Then re-enable (and re-authorize) the Flair skill from the Alexa App. Follow the instructions found in our article on how to set up the Flair skill with Alexa.