This article will explain how to set up Flair with Google Assistant. Looking for answers to common Google Assistant troubleshooting questions? Check out our Google Assistant troubleshooting article .
To set up the Flair with Google Assistant, you will need:
- A Flair account set up on the Flair App or at https://my.flair.co
- A home already set up in your Flair account
- The Google Home App
In this article:
- What can you control with Google Assistant?
- Setup: Use the correct system settings in Flair
- Setup: Adding a Flair device to your Google Smart Home
- Setup: Sync your Flair rooms in the Google Home App
Using Google Assistant, you can adjust the set point for your entire home or for any room in your home. Additionally, you can check the current temperature and tell Assistant to turn off a room (this will turn off any IR devices and/or close your Smart Vents).
To adjust the set point temperature, you can tell Assistant to target a specific temperature:
If you ask Assistant what the room temperature is, Assistant will tell you the set point and current temperature are that room.
If you tell Assistant to turn off the name of a room, Assistant will either turn off all the IR devices in that room or close the Smart Vents.
The Flair App must be in Auto mode to use this integration. Go to the Flair App System Settings, and ensure that System is set to Auto:
- Open the Google Home App and select Add. Then, select "Set up device."
- Select “Have something already set up?” Then, look for Flair in the account list.
- In the next step, you will be asked to sign into your Flair account, and authorize Google Assistant.
After authorizing Google Assistant and Flair, Google Home will import all your Flair rooms.
If available, your Flair Rooms will sync with your Google Home rooms. If you choose, you can also assign your Flair rooms to different rooms.
Following this, you will be able to click into a room, where you can adjust the temperature and mode.