If you are an installer transferring a system to your customer, or a homeowner selling your Flair equipped home, this article will guide you through transferring the Flair system to a new account owner.
Enable Transfer Feature
First, enable the transfer feature. This will display the transfer feature in the User settings.
- In the Flair app, tap the Flair menu, go to Account Settings
- Enable "I am a Flair installer"
- This enables the feature to transfer a Flair home
Transfer the Flair system to your customer.
- In the Flair app, tap the Flair menu and go to Home Settings->Users
- Enter your customer's email address, if they have a Flair account, use that email address
- Tap "Transfer home to another user"
- Tap "Tap to send invitation"
Your customer will receive an email with an "Accept" link. Clicking "Accept" will prompt the customer to log into their Flair account and accept the invitation. If the customer does not have a Flair account, they will be prompted to Sign Up for an a new Flair account.
Perform the following steps to transfer a Flair Home to another user.
Unregister Smart Thermostat Account
If you will be leaving your smart thermostat for the buyer, unregister the account according to the manufacturer's instructions. These links may be helpful: Honeywell and ecobee. This allows the account to be registered by the buyer.
Transfer your Flair account
Go to Home Settings->Users. Enter the email address of the new owner, tap "Transfer home to another user", and tap "Tap to send invitation".
NOTE: if this setting is not enabled, go to Account Settings and tap, "I am a Flair installer".
It's recommended to perform these steps using the web app. To access the web app, go to my.flair.co on a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer.
Accept Flair Invitation
You will receive an email with an "Accept" link. Clicking "Accept" will prompt you to log into your Flair account and accept the invitation. If you do not have a Flair account, you will be prompted to Sign Up for an a new Flair account.
Connect to New WiFi
The existing Gateway Pucks will need to be disconnected from the previous WiFI, then reconnected to the new WiFI.
First, identify Gateway Pucks. Gateway Pucks will display a WiFi icon, as in any of these examples:
For each Gateway Puck, do a "Forget WiFi" to reset the WiFi credentials:
- Press the Puck, rotate to the Gear menu and press to select
- Rotate to "Forget WiFi" and press to select
- Puck will restart
- Repeat for all Gateways
For each Gateway Puck, connect it to your home WiFI:
- In the Flair app, tap the PLUS sign and select "Add new Gateway Puck"
- Follow the setup wizard to connect the Puck to WiFi
- Repeat for all Gateways
Integrate a Smart Thermostat
If you're integrating a smart thermostat, perform these steps.
- In the Flair app, tap the Flair menu, then go to Home Settings->Integrations
- Skip to step 3 if there is no existing smart thermostat integration. Tap "Remove Integration" and then tap the red X to confirm
- Tap the integration you'll be adding and follow the prompts to log into your account and allow Flair access
- Once logged in, tap "Associated xxx Location" and select the thermostat that will be used in Flair
- In the Flair menu, go to Home Settings-Thermostats and expand the new thermostat
- Tap "Thermostat Location" and choose an existing room, or select "Add to New Room" to create a new room
- For "Smart + non-smart vents used by this Thermostat", use the slider to set the total number of vents in the home (all vents, not just Smart Vents)
If you've integrated a smart thermostat, adding the smart thermostat integration will create a "zone" with the same name as the thermostat.
For each room controlled by the thermostat, add it to the thermostat zone:
- Tap the room's 3-dot menu
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Room Info"
- Check the thermostat zone
- Repeat for all rooms controlled by the thermostat
In the example below, for the room named "Master Bedroom", the "Living Room" zone has been checked.
If you do not have a Flair account, you will receive an email with a link to accept the invitation to transfer. Click the link and then select "Sign Up" to create your Flair account. Once your account is created, follow the steps below to accept the invitation.
If you already have a Flair account, follow these steps to accept the invitation to transfer.
- In the Flair app, tap the Flair menu and tap "Invitations"
- When the invitation displays, tap to accept