If a Smart Vent is not discovered, the LED lights don't come on, or the Vent goes offline, check that the battery holders are installed tightly and are flush with no gaps.
- Remove the white grill from the Smart Vent
- Completely remove the FRONT battery holder and the batteries
- Tighten the screws on the BACK battery holder, taking care not to strip the threads - you may need to remove the screws and try again if the holder is not flush
- Important: wait 60 seconds with the batteries removed so the capacitors drain and the Smart Vent resets
- Reinsert the batteries and install front battery cover
- The Smart Vent will turn on its LED lights and move its louvers
- If the Smart Vent needs to be discovered, in the Flair app tap the PLUS sign and select "Add new Smart Vent". Wait at least 5 minutes for the Smart Vent to be discovered, then tap "Done with Setup?"
- Test that you can open and close the Vent with "System" set to "Manual". It may take up to 30 seconds for the Vent to receive your command and move the louvers. When tested, set System back to "Auto".
- Reattach the white grill to the Smart Vent
Verify the following:
- Did the louvers move when reinserting the batteries?
- Was the Vent discovered?
- Does the Vent open/close with System set to Manual?