Home/Away is used to determine how your Flair system is set to Home or Away.
Home/Away is set in Home Settings -> System Settings.
There are three possible options for this setting:
- Manual: set Home/Away using the Flair app
- Thermostat: get Home/Away status from your integrated smart thermostat
- App Geolocation: use occupancy events generated by your phone
When the Home/Away is set to Manual, Home and Away can be set by using the Home/Away toggle in the control bar at the top of the Flair app:
This option is only enabled if a smart thermostat is integrated with Flair.
When Home/Away is set to Thermostat, Flair will read the Home and Away status from your smart thermostat. For example, if your Smart Thermostat has determined that you are Away, Flair will set the home to Away.
Home and Away can be set by using the Home/Away toggle in the control bar at the top of the Flair app:
When Home/Away is set to App Geolocation, Flair will determine Home/Away status based on occupancy, events generated by your Android or iOS phone.
Flair will use the address you entered when creating your Flair home as the location where you are "home". When your phone is close to this address, Flair will set your home to "Home". When your phone is far from this address, Flair will set your home to Away.
Your phone needs to be on for Flair to receive the occupancy events from your phone, If you turn off your phone, Flair will not be able to receive occupancy events.
To use multiple phones for occupancy, add each person as a User in Flair:
- In the Flair app, tap the Flair menu and go to Home Settings
- Select Users
- Enter the user's email address
- Enable "Allow user to make changes to this home?"
- Tap "Tap to send invitation"