Use Away Mode
Flair's Away Mode is used control how Flair behaves when you set the Flair Home to AWAY or set/schedule a room INACTIVE.
The Away Mode can be:
- "Off Only": turns off mini splits and keeps them off
- "Smart Away": first turns off mini splits and then will turn them on if a room's temperature crosses the safety bounds (min/max).
Away Settings are located in Home Settings->Away Settings:
Use the Flair App
There are two ways to turn off mini splits using the Flair App:
- Set your Flair home to Away: all rooms follow Away Mode
- Set a room with mini splits to Inactive: Inactive rooms follow Away Mode
- Set Mode to "Off": turns off all mini splits
Tap the "Home/Away" button to set your Flair home to Away. Flair will turn off all mini splits.
Tap the Active toggle button on a room tile. The mini split(s) in that room will be turned off.
Set Mode to "Off"
If you have a schedule that sets rooms Inactive, Flair will turn off mini split in those rooms at the scheduled times and follow the Away Mode.
Use the Puck
For Pucks with firmware version s138.w128 and higher, there is a menu option to adjust Active/Inactive on the Puck. Push the Puck to enter the menus and rotate to the Active/Inactive menu (Man with Door). Push "Turn Off" to set this room containing this Puck to Inactive. Mini splits in that room will be turned off and follow the Away Mode.
Use Voice Control
If you have integrated Flair with Amazon Alexa or Google Home, you can issue a voice command to "turn off <room>", where "room" is the name of a room in your Flair home. The room will be set Inactive and the mini split will turn off and follow the Away Mode.
Use Manual Mode
When System is set to "Manual", Flair will display a mini split widget. Toggling the power button will turn mini splits in the room on or off.