I'm creating a basement apartment and using existing hvac to heat it. I know that the apartment will get to warm if registers are open all the time. I plan to have one register in 100 sq.ft. bedroom and two in 300 sq.ft. main area. - two pucks. (I'm thinking Flair might be a perfect solution for this...?) - anyways....
1. - I plan on powering them with a 24vac transformer. That power will go straight to vents - right? (not via thermostat? - which will control via wifi?)
2. - Is there a "manual override" on a vent? i.e., can I just close one if I want?
3. - If not #2, could I add an individual switch to each vent power supply? To accomplish that? - and, if so, is there a "default" open or closed position? or would I have a choice with power off?
4. - ..... which makes me wonder - if wifi is lost for any reason, what do the vents do? - stay in position? close?
5. - I've noted that some have mentioned that Flair vents used to have a "50%" open setting but that now it's either open or closed? - no inbetween? Is that right?
6. - Do the Pucks control strictly via temperature settings or can you also schedule them by time?
Please sign in to leave a comment.