I have checked what Puck offers, Comparing to similar products in the market I feel this is expensive.
- Its not very responsive.
- The screen is decade old
- Its a vanilla router with Wifi.
- The only other thing it offers is RF signals (for vents) but then again 1/3rd price we have units with Zigbee/Zwave/etc. on top of Wifi so this point is moot.
- Its wireless and RF signal propagation and receive is ridiculously low/bad. I am seeing threads where folks are complaining of dropped connections (especially for vents) barely 20 feet away!
- The hardware used is also low end.
- No battery backup if connected to power (gateway must be connected to power)
- No motion sensors to act as occupancy sensor.
- No outdoor weather capability.
- Finally - many use it as a gateway only. Having all the TStat controls is effectively redundant. Not sure why there's no alternative like a LITE version.
Please sign in to leave a comment.