I was curious about some of the data I see on the Home Statistics charts. I was looking for a tutorial that described the output on each of these charts, didn't see one, but I had a few specific questions about what I was seeing in the data.
1. The puck Light (V) seems interesting. I am curious if it is actually a measurement of ambient light? Or is it a measurement of the output to the backlit display or an LED (is the screen backlit?).
2. When comparing the puck "temperature" chart with the reported current room temperature on the homepage, it never seems to match. Is the current temperature an "engineered value" vs a "raw value" on the chart page?
3. The vent temperature also always seems to be around 80 degrees F when there is no airflow in the duct. Is this because the vents are on A/C power, and they create a certain amount of heat at all times when converting the AC to usable DC? Or is it just offset from actual by about 10-15 degrees?
4. Vent motor runtime is also a confusing graph. Being that it is counting "runtime" in seconds, I would think that the chart should only increment up in segments of around 3 seconds (the time it takes to actuate the vents). But when I look at my chart, I see the graph moving up and down, and it seems to jump in increments of sometimes 50 to as much as 800 units (I hope not seconds).
5. Does the automatic system mode actuate the vents in increments other than 100% and 0%? I am running this in a room with minimal heating and cooling requirements, so I was curious if this was an artifact of that fact or if the auto mode is only 1 or 0.
Again, just mainly curious about some of this stuff as I'm getting more familiar with the system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.