I have a relatively complex heating/cooling setup, and I'm hoping for advice/support on whether and how I could use Flair in my situation:
- Central forced air heating in one part of my house (4 vents, upstairs) - this is installed and working
- Fujitsu minisplit a/c and heating system (4 independent wall units, downstairs) - this is not yet installed
Right now I have an Ecobee with one remote sensor controlling the Central forced air heater, and that works fine. I'm interested in the Flair smart vents to more evenly spread heat around.
I plan to install one Ecobee per wall unit to control the Fujitsu wall units (so each room will have independent cooling/heating, as this seems much more energy efficient). I think Flair pucks can be used to bridge these Ecobees with the wall units (and the pucks seem more functional and cheaper than a Fujitsu OEM thermostat bridge).
I think that I need the following, and I'd welcome input to figure out if I understand how Flair system works:
- 4 Flair Smart Vents to work with my forced air heating system.
- 1 Flair Puck to control the smart vents and bridge them that Ecobee
- 4 Flair pucks to control the Minisplit wall units and bridge to each Ecobee
I've read in some discussions that it's necessary to have an additional Flair bridge puck but I'm not clear how that would work in my situation. Does anyone have any guidance or advice making my setup work?
Please sign in to leave a comment.