We have a 2 zone LG mini-split system that we use for cooling and heating(depending on outside temps). We also have a natural gas-fired boiler with hot-water baseboard heat that we use when outside temps drop below 40ish degrees F. The mini-split zones are run separately through their own remotes with sense built-in. The baseboards are run by a digital thermostat(not smart device).
I'm trying to find a way to combine the controls of these 2 systems and wondering if Flair is the solution or at least part of the solution. Here is what I need from a solution...
- Ability to turn on/off mini-split
- Ability to set temp of mini-split
- Ability to change mode of mini-split (heating/cooling)
- Ability to turn on/off furnace
- Ability to set temp of furnace
- Bonus would be the ability to select which system to be on and heating based on outside temp. For example, when in heating mode, if outside temp is above 40 use mini-split for heat, if outside temp is 40 or below use furnace. I'm assuming that if it is possible I would also need a Nest thermostat or similar for the furnace.
So I guess what I'm asking is if this is currently possible and if so how? Thanks!
Please sign in to leave a comment.