This article will explain how to set up the Flair skill with Amazon Alexa. Looking for answers to common Alexa troubleshooting questions? Check out our Alexa troubleshooting article .
To set up the Flair skill in Alexa, you will need:
- A Flair account set up on the Flair App or at https://my.flair.co
- A home already set up in your Flair account
- The Amazon Alexa App
In this article:
- What can the Flair skill in Alexa do?
- Setup: Use the correct system settings in Flair
- Setup: Search for the Flair skill in the Alexa App
- Setup: Tap your Flair rooms in the Alexa App
With the Flair skill in Alexa, you can adjust the set point for your entire home or for any room in your home. Additionally, you can check the current temperature and tell Alexa to turn off a room (this will turn off any IR devices and/or close your Smart Vents).
To adjust the set point temperature, you can tell Alexa to target a specific temperature or you can adjust the temperature up or down using numbers:
If you ask Alexa what the room temperature is, Alexa will tell you the current temperature in that room. Alternatively, if you ask Alexa what the set point temperature is, she will tell you the set point temperature for that room.
If you tell Alexa to turn off the name of a room, Alexa will either turn off all the IR devices in that room or close the Smart Vents. For example, you can say "Alexa, turn off Bedroom."
The Flair App must be in Auto mode to use this integration. Go to the Flair App System Settings, and ensure that System is set to Auto:
- Search for the Flair skill in your Alexa mobile app.
- Click on the enable button. This will bring you to a Flair login screen.
- Please enter the email address associated with your Flair account and your password to give Alexa authorization
- You will be prompted to discover devices after logging in.
- The Alexa App will then find your Flair home and all the Flair rooms associated with that home. This process may take up to 20 seconds.
- Tap the rooms you want to control. You can now use Alexa voice control with Flair in these rooms.