- Setting Flair to Use App Geolocation
- Geolocation Distance
- Flair App Location Settings
- Change your Home Address
- Update Geofence in Flair
Geolocation is a technology used to track the location of a mobile device.
Geofencing uses a virtual boundary around a physical location, like a person's home. When a mobile device crosses this area, an app triggers an action.
A geofence event is an event that is fired when a mobile device enters or leaves a virtual permit.
A geofence is a virtual area representing a real-world area.
Setting Flair to use App Geolocation
Tap the Flair menu, go to "Home Settings->Away Mode" and set it to "App Geolocation".
This tells Flair to use your phone's location to determine if you are Home or Away.
When the your phone enters or leaves your home, Flair sets your Flair Home or Away status accordingly.
If you want Flair to use additional phones for determining Home/Away status, add them as users to your Flair account. See Add a User / Join a Flair Home.
Flair creates a 300-meter geofence radius around your home.
Flair uses the address specified in Home Settings->Manage Home.
Flair's geolocation feature requires the following:
- A phone capable of sending geofence events (usually a GPS feature)
- Location services enabled for the Flair app
- The phone powered on to generate geofencing events*
Geolocation needs location services enabled and the phone to be on to receive geofencing events.
*If you are not at home and your phone is off, when you come home and turn on your phone, Flair will get the geofence event once the phone is unlocked.
Note: If you have a passcode on your phone, when you power it on, events won’t fire until the passcode is entered.
Flair App Location Settings
- Always: Geofence events will be processed even if the Flair app is closed*
- While Using the App: The Flair app must be open for geofence events to be processed
*Android Users: If location settings are "Always", the app does not need to be open, but some Android battery saver apps will require the Flair app to be open.
You can check if the Flair Android app is set to run by default by:
- Power Off phone
- Power On phone
- Settings > App Manager > Flair
- Check to see if "Force Stop" is available. If so, this means it starts at launch.
Change your Home Address
If you change your address in Flair, you'll need to update geofence in Flair.
Update Geofence in Flair
If you change your address in Flair, or have asked to update the geofence radius for your Flair home, you'll need to update geofence in Flair as follows:
- Log out of the Flair app then log back in
- In the Flair app, go to Device Setting and toggle Geofence off and then on