- Configure App Geolocation
- Configure Multiple Users
- Geolocation Distance
- Flair App Location Settings
- Change your Home Address
Geolocation is a technology used to track the location of a mobile device. Flair can use geolocation to set your Flair Home Away status. When the your phone enters or leaves your home, Flair sets the Home or Away status accordingly.
Flair can use multiple phones for geolocation.
Flair's geolocation feature requires the following:
- A phone capable of sending geofence events (a GPS feature)
- Location services enabled for the Flair app
- The phone powered on
- Each phone used for geolocation must have the Flair app installed, geolocation configured, and access to the Flair home
If you are not at home and your phone is off, when you come home and turn on your phone, Flair will get the geofence event once the phone is unlocked. If you have a passcode on your phone, when you power it on, events won’t fire until the passcode is entered.
Configure App Geolocation
- In your phone's settings, turn on location services for the Flair app. Location setting options:
- Always: Geofence events will be processed even if the Flair app is closed*
- While Using the App: The Flair app must be open for geofence events to be processed
- Power Off phone
- Power On phone
- Settings > App Manager > Flair
- Check to see if "Force Stop" is available. If so, this means it starts at launch.
- Tap the Flair menu, go to "Home Settings->Away Mode" and set it to "App Geolocation".
- Next, tap the Flair menu, go to "Device Settings" and select "Geofencing".
Configure Multiple Users
If you want Flair to use additional phones for determining Home/Away status, add them as users to your Flair account. See Add a User / Join a Flair Home.
Flair creates a 300-meter geofence radius around your home.
Flair uses the address specified in Home Settings->Manage Home.
Change your Home Address
If you change your address in Flair, you'll need to update geofence in Flair.
If you change your address in Flair, or have asked to update the geofence radius for your Flair home, you'll need to update geofence in Flair as follows:
- Log out of the Flair app then log back in
- In the Flair app, go to Device Setting and toggle Geofence off and then on