The Puck has an E-ink display (electronic ink) that will continue to display information even if the Puck does not have power. This means a Puck may show temperature and set point - and a Gateway Puck may show the WiFi symbol - when unplugged. This is normal behavior.
Check for Responsiveness
To check that the Puck is powered and responding, push the Puck. If it responds to pushes and rotations, then it is responding normally. If not, continue with these troubleshooting steps.
- For a Gateway Puck, ensure you're using the Flair USB cord and power adapter and that the adapter is pushed all the way into the port in the Puck.
- Does the adapter say "Flair" on it? If not, contact Support and provide a picture of the adaptor and indicate your "Puck is unresponsive".
- Is the Puck plugged into a functioning outlet - does the outlet power other devices?
- Is the Puck plugged into an outlet controlled by a switch?
- For a Sensor Puck, try replacing the batteries with fresh, new batteries.
A firmware reset will normally fix an unresponsive Puck. Please wait the specified times before operating your Puck.
- Remove batteries, or unplug the Puck and wait 60 seconds
- Using the Flair USB cord and adapter, plug the Puck into a working outlet
- The Puck will flash when it's plugged in (don't worry if you missed it)
- With the Puck plugged in, wait 10 minutes for it to reset
- The Puck will enter auto-recovery mode and then reset and display the temperature
If the Puck still is not functional, contact support.