Away Settings is located in Home Settings->Away Settings.
Note: This option will be disabled if Home/Away Mode is set to "Thermostat" because Flair is reading Home/Away from your integrated smart thermostat.
Away Settings Overview
Away Settings describe how Flair behaves when you're not home (i.e., when Flair is set to Away).
Away Settings also define how IR-controlled devices operate when the room they are assigned to is set to Inactive.
There are two options for Away Settings: "Smart Away" and "Off Only".
When you set your Flair home to Away, Smart Away will prevent your home from getting too hot or too cold when you are away. This is great to prevent pipes freezing or plants and pets from overheating when you're not home.
Note: The Away Temperature Max and Min are safety bounds, not to be confused with heat to and cool to set points. Please keep these temperature values sufficiently spread apart.
Mini Splits and Smart Away
When your Flair home is set to Away - or the room a mini split is assigned to is set to Inactive - Flair will turn off mini split(s), and then turn them on as necessary to prevent the home/room from going outside the Away Temperature Max or Min.
Central Systems and Smart Away
For central systems, when your home is set to Away...
- If you are using a non-integrated thermostat, Flair won't be able to control your thermostat, but it will operate Smart Vents to keep rooms within the Smart Away Max and Min
- If Set Point Controller is "Flair App", Flair will adjust your smart thermostat to keep your home from going outside the Smart Away Max and Min
- If Set Point Controller is Thermostat, Flair uses your smart thermostat Away values to control the home temperature
Off Only for Mini Splits
Flair will turn off mini splits when your Flair home is set to Away - or the room a mini split is assigned to is set to Inactive.
Off Only for Central Systems
For central systems, when your home is set to Away, Smart Vents will stay in their current positions and...
- If Set Point Controller is "Flair App", your smart thermostat-controlled system will not actively heat or cool
- If Set Point Controller is set to Thermostat, Flair will use your smart thermostat Away values to control the home temperature