The simplest and easiest way to convert a Sensor Puck that is already in your Flair system to a Gateway Puck is to plug it in and do a "Make Gateway". Flair will pass the WiFi credentials to the Puck after the conversion and it will automatically connect to your home WiFi.
Tip: A Gateway Puck maintains a connection to your home WiFi. Make sure Puck is within good WiFi range during and after conversion.
- Remove batteries and plug the Puck into an outlet using the supplied USB cable and adapter
- Push the Puck to enter the menus, rotate to the Gear menu, and push to select
- Rotate to "Make Gateway" and push to select
- Wait for Puck to restart
The WiFi icon will appear indicating its connection to your home WiFi. More bars indicate stronger signal strength.
If this method does not work, do the following:
- Do a "Forget WiFi" on the Gateway Puck
- Push the Puck to enter the menus
- Rotate to the Gear icon and push to select
- Rotate to "Forget WiFi" and push to select
- Run WiFi Setup in the Flair app
- Tap the PLUS sign and select "Add new Gateway Puck"
- Follow the wizard to connect the Gateway Puck to your home WiFi